
Mikey turned one on Christmas Day and I couldn't help but look at the clock every hour and remember how I was feeling and where I was at that particular time last year! So I kept whispering it to Mikey in his ear. Not that he knew what I was talking about!! I can't believe he is ONE! I think the more kids you have the faster time goes! We are going to celebrate his birthday on Sunday when there isn't so much going on. I haven't quite decided how I am going to celebrate this little guys birthday every year, but I am thinking about not doing it the same day. After putting Christmas together, the last thing I am wanting to do is throw together a birthday party that same day!! Any ideas would be appreciated, because right now his birthday is going to be a couple days after Christmas!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Mikey!!! We wanted to call but you were already in bed when I remembered without distractions. We love you and are excited to have you come hang with us for a few days!!
I had a friend that had the same problem with her little girl. If I remember right, she decided to celebrate an "unbirthday" in June so that it felt different to the child AND so that it wasn't so much stress on the mom. But they also did a small recognition on her ACTUAL birthday with a cake and just the family and like maybe a small gift or something...anyway! Happy Birthday little Mikey! Can't believe he's a YEAR! Time FLIES!!
Happy Birthday to little Mikey! He is soo CUTE!
What a cute little boy! I was going to say the same thing as another poster...I have a few friends whose birthdays were right around Christmas so they would celebrate their Half birthdays, like June 25th and have a friends birthday and just celebrate it on that day every year. And then on the actual day just a small little something with the family. They way you wont have to plan a birthday party in the mix of all the craziness holiday things...anywyas, just my two sense! This was the only post I have read in a while, so now I gotta go get caught up on the others!
Wow a whole year old! I can't believe how gorgeous all of your boys are. I was just showing my mom your family pic a few posts ago and how darling every boy is! You guys need a girl, she will be gorgeous!
Post a Comment