Friday, August 21, 2009

WOOPS....MY BAD!

So I was reading my PARENTS magazine the other night and there was an article called "39 Things Every Mom Should Know" and when I came across #8 I just had to laugh and all I could think of was this picture. 
It read #8 "Teach your kids not to pee outside unless you're camping--you'll be glad you did.  But if other people's kids do it, don't judge the parents too harshly--it's all about karma.(If you're in the midst of potty training, all bets are off.  You've gotta do what you've gotta do.)"
Which I might add is when Tanner did discover that SOMETIMES if it is necessary we can pee outside.  Apparently he never really took the SOMETIMES to heart because he has been found peeing outside on multiple occassions!
This particular instance was in Farmington, NM during Granny Cardon's 90th birthday bash!  He was caught red handed by the ever so talented Paul McPherson.  I guess when you gotta go you gotta go!
Some other thoughts I liked from the article were...

#4 Put Band-Aids on everything your kids want you to.  Why not?
#6  Just throw away the poopy underwear!
#3  Do your chores while kids are awake.  Using up naptime to wash dishes or clean the bathroom is truly soul-crushing.
#12  Know this:  That stain won't come out.  And it's okay.  (The sooner you accept this, the better).
#15  Answer this question:  What is the worst thing that can happen if your kids sleep in their clothes?
#18  Teach them to pump on the swings ASAP!(amen to this one!)
#22  Buy kids deodorant before they need it!
#24  I can't stress this enough:  Use duvet covers on your comforters and forget about a top sheet.  Not only will you thank me for this advice, but your kids will thank me as well when they are learning to make their bed!

So maybe all 39 things were good...thank you Kacy Faulconer!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I second that! Bandaids, poopy underwear, chores...everything well said!

Melissa said...

I told you that was a good article. That is so classic Tanner! Look at those cheeks!

Sanette said...

I love those tips, I guess I need to read that article! By the way it's not fair that boys can do that while potty training and not get in trouble, girls don't have that option. (It would probably make potty training a little easier, but I wouldn't know) :)

Unknown said...

That first picture is so classic! And I LOVE the one of the 3 boys together in your last post. Isn't it just a small miracle when you can get all 3 of them to look good in a picture! We struggle with that at this house. I hear you have quite the move ahead of you!! Stop by and see us soon!

Beth Curtis said...

so stinkin cute! Love it! Just wait until his girlfriend sees this in 13 years.

Karlee said...

I would LOVE to read THAT article!! It all seems like good advice! Can I just say that your boys are the CUTEST things EVER! It seriously makes me want to have all boys and forget about the little girl I want OH SO BADLY!! I LOVE that they seem like best buddies and are such little trouble makers at times! They all look alike, yet they look different at the same time! They really are TOO CUTE! I need a full family of boys....okay maybe just ONE little girl too!

Karlee said...

P.S. in the last post I think my heart literally melted when I saw Tanner and Jake sleeping together! That is SOO sweet....REALLY!

katie mcphee said...

oh my! he was so dang funny at the park that day. & it was even better that paul got the shot before he was done!
i love the advice from that article... it seems like every mom worries & thinks about the same things.
i hope you are going to be in denver this weekend for the wedding... paul is taking the photos so we will be there for sure.

P.S. i love your last post... your boys are so handsome!!

Aubree said...

When are you going to be in P-town? I'm there!!