Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Latest Attempt to Save a Buck!...



Anyone that knows me well, knows that I LOVE a good bargain and I LOVE Chick-fil-A.  Well, I got word that they were opening a brand new Chick-fil-A out here in Virginia down the road from us a little ways and I found out about the "first 100" thing they do for all grand openings.  They give the first 100 people in line the day of the opening a free meal every week for a year!  So I told Doug that we had to do that and that it would be so fun!...his response..."Hun, you are crazy! (laughing at me of course)...I will give you $100 so you can go buy yourself Chick-fil-A once a week for a year!"  Of course I laughed back and said..."But that isn't FREE Chick-fil-A and that isn't really FUN either!"   


So I recruited Kyrsten (one of our salesguys wives) to come with me and do it...if in fact I decided to do it.  So Wednesday night when Doug got home I jumped in the car and drove over to see if there was a big turn out....well, there was!  It was craziness!  They had already reached their 100 person limit and everyone was camping out!  People had come from across the country!  I guess this give away has gotten to be huge!  This is what the parking lot looked like, although I stole this picture from the web....you get the idea!  I couldn't believe it...but then again, yes I could believe it,  because I know I am not the only one that is so passionate about Chick-Fil-A!  
So I came home and told Doug that I guess he would just have to give me $100 to eat Chick-Fil-A every week for a year!  And I learned that although I am crazy....I am not as crazy as A LOT of other people who had been camping out for like 48 hours!  Some things just aren't worth it people!:)

9 comments:

Karli said...

Can you believe I've never had it before? Now you make me wand to try it out! I don't know if there is one close to us though. THat is crazy! I remember the the Xbox 360 came out and there were people sleeping out waiting and I think even a shooting at one point! Crazy, huh?

Again, your boys are darling...and that fire alarm story will be a favorite as he grows up!

Melissa said...

That last picture is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I remember when it opened up in Mesa...people are crazy but you know deep down inside if we were old and all of our kids were out of the house, I would campout with you in the parking lot just for the kick of it.

Anonymous said...

I was totally thinking of you on the 1st wondering if you were in line -who knew the crazy's had beat you to it!

Erin said...

That doesn't even appeal to me. I'm really not that desperate. YOu and Melis can campout on your own. (: I'll splurge and buy me a Chick-Fil-A once a week for a year. I think Chip would agree!

Aubree said...

My mouth is watering right now! You would have been my hero if you would have pulled this off.

Leah Finch said...

You are so funny!!! We miss you a TON, but your sweet Tanner was a hit! He is THE CUTEST! We all loved seeing him and Dougie! But really missed the rest of your family: ) The girls and I are going to try to go to Todd's Wedding - hopefully see you there!

sam and kyrsten said...

haha i love it! im just glad we werent in those tents! craziness!

Jeri said...

That sounds like me and Maura for IKEA!! We went to the Mesa Grand Opening. OH YEAH BABY Swedish pancakesfor 99 cents. They are opening an IKEA in Denver now that is HEAVEN!!! Love you forever Aunt Jeri

Karen said...

I am literally laughing out loud reading this post. that is hilarious. I love this crazy world and all the crazy people in it!!! I would have totally gone to get free anything.