Saturday, May 17, 2008

6 tests and an ultrasound later...

I am officially 9 weeks pregnant and had no idea!  I really still can't believe it, but after taking 6 tests and them all turning up positive I figured it must really be true!.....well, kind of, I actually really didn't come out of my denial phase until I went to see the doctor and they did an ultrasound and sure enough there was the baby!  I guess I was in so much denial because of a couple reasons....the main one is birth control....but the doctor did reassure me that "Unfortunately that is not always 100% effective"...well, obviously I thought, I am living proof of that!:)  The next is that I haven't really even felt pregnant....no throwing up, not too much nausea that would give me a sign of any kind, and kind of tired, but not crazy tired like when you really are pregnant!:) I don't know why I felt I needed to take 6 tests....the first one was positive, but light pink....and I have always told anyone that questions a light pink positive pregnancy test, that it is definitely positive...it doesn't matter if it is light pink.  But for some reason when it was MY test that turned up light pink I figured, "this can't be right....good thing I got a 2-pack!"  Bottom line..., light pink, dark pink, medium pink.....it means you are pregnant.  And although we weren't "planning" this little guy, we feel blessed and are really excited to have another addition to the family! Lesson learned that our plan is not always Heavenly Father's plan and this little spirit just needed to come to us at this time.  I don't ever want this baby to feel like it was not wanted or anything like that because we know this was meant to be, but Mom did always say after having 10 children, "You can't always plan for things like that!" Tanner and Jake are 19 months apart and Jake and this baby will be 20 months apart!  Busy Busy....but I love that they will all be so close in age and in school at the same time.    I am actually due 6 weeks after Melissa on Dec. 23rd!  So Merry Christmas to us(which explains the picture above!:))  We are excited that our babies will be so close and can grow up together....we think they planned this up in heaven, but they didn't want to be as cramped and in one womb as we were....Melis and I know we planned to come together, so I guess they thought we would understand!:)  So although it seems like not much has been going on here to journal about, there definitely has been a whirlwind of changes happening!  I know I have been totally slacking lately with the blog, but I will try to keep everyone updated!

***I forgot to mention that Doug has been amazing this entire time!  He just continues to reassure me that if anyone can do it I can....which is nice that he has such faith in my mothering skills.  I on the other hand have had many more doubts about how I may handle all three kids.   He is such a stress/worry free husband and I love him for that!!

35 comments:

The Hillan Family said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!! THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!!! EITHER WAY WILL BE AWESOME! WE WOULD LOVE A LITTLE PRINCESS IN OUR FAMILY OR HOW MUCH FUN WOULD ANOTHER BOY BE? I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE TELLING EVERYONE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN DYING THAT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A LITTLE NEICE OR NEPHEW! YEA!!!!!

The Hillan Family said...

By the way, LOVE the picture you choose! It's perfect!

Mindy said...

Wow! Congratulations you guys! That must have been a shock, but you seem to be doing great about it! That is going to be crazy and a lot of work, but you guys sound like great parents! What was Doug's reaction? I think Ryan will have a heart attack if something like that happens to us. (I better knock on wood!) Anyway...congrats! We're happy for you

Cassie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am soo excited for you and I think it will be a girl for sure, since this is year of the "girl"! How incredibly amazing and shocking!! You are really meant to be a mama in this life!! 20 months shouldn't be terrible?! They will enjoy it when they are older too! Congrats to you guys!

Karen said...

Holy Cow this is not what I was expecting when I got on your blog today. Congrats to you guys for the lord knowing you can handle all of this excitment. Thats great your hubby is so supportive and encouraging.

Niki Carter said...

Don't let people scare you. three is easier than two! At least it was for me.

Wilder Family said...

HOLY COW! I cannot believe it! Congrats! I have to agree with Doug that if anyone can do it, you can! I want to call you right now but its 11:30 your time, so it is taking all of my self restraint not too, but I will be calling tomorrow!

Casey said...

Wow! Congrats! I too am living proof that Heavenly Father has his own timing. Both William and Henry were on an accelerated schedule to get here. Just makes me realize how little control I really have over the whole thing. I am really hoping that HF gives us a little more time before #4. :)

You can do it! 3 is busy but once things settle into a groove it isn't all that bad. I definitely recommend some sort of baby carrier. Personally, I like the Moby Wrap.

whitney said...

Wow! Congratulations! My sister and I are do 3 weeks apart and so excited about it. You and Melissa are going to have so much fun together!

Foushee's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Foushee's said...

Whoa!! How exciting!! Congrats...how fun that you and Melissa are not too far apart!

Amber Hemsley said...

Congrats! I know how you feel about the pregnancy test, I always thought that they were lieing to me but in the opposite way. You will do such a great job being a mother of three, oviously, Heavenly Father has his trust in you. Please let me know if I can help you in any way espespecially if you start to get sick or tired. I am now working half days so I will have to give you a call this week.

Mandy said...

congratulations! I am so excited for you, I can't believe how cute your little family is! Love ya!

Erin said...

A new post, Yeah! Way to start back with a bang! You guys are great...no worries, Jake and Tanner can come over and play lots so you can get the rest you need in your busy life with 3 kids!

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

That's awesome!!! You are such a good mom! That's very exciting that you and Melissa will have babies at the same time! They will be like little twins!

Karlee said...

Okay I was TOTALLY NOT expecting to look at your blog today and see THAT! WOW! CONGRATS! You are a better woman than I am! You will do GREAT! At this rate maybe ya'll will have a family of 10 like your mom! You would be perfect for it too! You are SOO cute with your boys and I'm sure this little guy (or girl) was upset to be missing out on all the fun so he decided to push things along! I'm the exact same way when it comes to pregnancy tests too! I think every woman that takes them feels like she has to buy TONS of them just to make sure A-she really ISN'T pregnant or B-the positive isn't a false positive! You'll do GREAT! I'm SOO excited for y'all!

Ku'ulei said...

HOLY SPERM BATMAN! That is a surprise, but you seem to be handling it very well. Kenny says congrats, too! I think he's a little upset you guys just one-uped us. :) Can't wait to see what you are having. I secretly think your baby wanted to come down with Melissa's, so it wouldn't be lonely. All going back to the twin thing. :)
I am so Happy and EXCITED for you guys!! Yeah!

Jill said...

WOW! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! That is sooooo neat! it really is true.. when they are suppose to come they do! I wish we all lived closer! we should all plan a little reunion someday so the boys can get together, and the kids can play!

emilyhutchison said...

Sara, you are a baby machine! Look at your cute little family. I don't know if you tell someone congratulations when it was a surprise baby, but if you want a congratulations you can have it from me.

S and K said...

Whoa! I am soooo excited for you guys! Seriously as cute as your kids are I feel that you should single handedly repopulate the earth!!!! And I'm glad you get to do 3 before me so you can give me good sound advice! I'm so glad you haven't been "feeling" pregnant! That is a HUGE blessing for sure. I love that yours and Melissa's babies will be so close, they TOTALLY planned that one! :)

- said...

Congratulations! I bet not knowing you were prego for a while will make it seem like the fastest pregnancy ever! which is good. How fun Christmas baby!

Sanette said...

Congrats sis! We are really excited for you--you know they say things come in 3's, so I wonder who the OTHER lucky person is in the family--hee, hee (oh, and I'm not hinting at me!!!!!! I want to keep my mind for a little longer :)
Love Sanette

vanessa said...

i love that you guys will have babies together!!! i am SO excited for you!!!!!!!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

CONGRATS!!! how exciting that youand your sister will be so close together!! :) when I found out..I had taken 3 tests over a month and all were negative so I never in my wildest dreams thought I was actually pregnant until I went to my doctor and surprise! I was!!

Jen Demaris said...

Hey that is awesome! Congrats! That is almost exaxtly how I felt when I found out I was pregnant this time. I was totally not expecting it and I didnt believe it for a while either! Its fun though that so many people are pregnant and I am due just three and half weeks before you! This will be fun!

Cordie said...

WOW~~ Congrats! How fun that you and Melissa will have babies at the same time!

KTLADY said...

I could have sworn that I commented on this post already! I must have been dreaming! CONGRATULATIONS! Holy Moly! Wow! I can't believe it! I hope you're feeling good & I, too, think you will do an awesome job. You really have it all together. Thank goodness Doug has been so supportive! That's key. What an awesome family you have. I hope you have an easy pregnancy. Think about it... the quicker you have your babies, the sooner they will be out of the house. Just kiddin. We love you guys!

Leah Finch said...

WOW! Doug is right if anyone can do it it is YOU! Congrats!

thejers said...

YIPEEE!!!! Congratulations. This was my thought exactly. These 2 were best friends in the Spirit World and needed to be together. SOOOOO leave it to Heavenly Father to work things out. OK with a little help from you. I love you forever Aunt Jeri (AGAIN!!!

The Foster Family said...

And it just keeps getting better and batter- funny to think Melissa thought her baby was going to be all alone- now she'll have cousins on both sides. You KNOW they are girls right?! Explains why you're not sick and how organized in heaven they are- boys aren't like that! Congrats- I am so excited for all of you, I will be the best Aunt, I'm just praying I am not the next announcement!

Mandy Abbott said...

Aubree told me you were expecting! Congrats!

Aubree said...

I didn't know I was 31 comments behind. I better get on the ball. You guys can't even look at each other without getting pregnant. And to think Doug is gone so much. Good stuff. Super excited for you. When you texted me I knew I was in for it. You are the best little mom. Loves!

Jessica said...

i am so excited for you! you are a great mom and i'm sure you'll handle three just fine. i hope your pregnancy continues to go well. i wonder if you'll get a girl this time... any inclinations on what you're having??

The Hunters said...

Wow... that is awesome and crazy. Congrats! You are obviously a great mom. Nice that you haven't been to sick. Good luck!

kristina said...

CONGRATS!!! you two have the most darling babies, it will be so fun to see a new one! maybe a girl??? love and miss you guys!