Thursday, February 14, 2013

This kid...

Tanner is sure saying the funniest things lately. The other night I came into the boys room to get them all tucked in and tanner looks at me and says, "mom...i have a terrible secret and you're not going to like it!" I stop picking up their room... Which they are horrible at keeping clean... And I say "well what is it!!!" and he says, " oh no mom! I can't tell you!" and jake chimes in to say "mom...he told me he kissed Megan!"
I say "you kissed Megan?" this is the girl that apparently likes three boys in their class. According to tanner she likes him the best. I actually met her the other day when I stopped in the school to go through the list and found looking for the three jackets and two water bottles that have been missing. She is darling. But that's besides the point...he's only 7 and they run up to each other and give each other a big hug! Ha! Anyways, that night I proceed to convince tanner to tell me if that is
His terrible secret and he says no... He was just tricking me. Yeah right...I know better than that and I can see it in his sheepish smile. But he won't give in. We do all our reading and say our prayers and i get them all tucked in. On my way out of the rotank say, " tanner you don't need to worry about girls right now!!" and he says, " mom I know I can't date until I'm 16 but I have to have someone to date when that happens!!" haha! Is he for real! " I say..."that is a long time from now. I love you...get some sleep." then I haul it upstairs to listen to jake and him talk on the monitor. We finally got them
Moved to the basement after Kyle and
Melis moved out... And camryn
In her own room. It's worked out great, but I have the monitor so that I can hear if someone needs me. And so I can listen to all their terrible secrets;).

This morning when I dropped him off at school and he was getting out of the car he turns around and says "ah man mom!! Jake just kicked me in the disco!" and I said, "the disco?" and he points to his you know what and just gives me the eye! Haha!! I have honestly never heard that one before!

Love him....growing up right before my eyes... And always keeping me on my toes!!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

So flipping hilarious. LOL-ing (: