Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Introducing Camryn Melissa Cardon

This little lady decided to come to us on March 23rd, 2012!  It was honestly the easiest, smoothest, delivery I have ever had...and I thought Luke was easy!  My midwife Janice had scheduled me to go check into the hospital on Wed., the 21st to try and see if a couple rounds of gel would put me into labor on my own.  Thats what I did with Luke and I wasn't opposed to that type of induction.  I won't do pitocin if I don't have to, and Doug won't let me either.   I don't like how it makes me feel and it didn't work too well when I had to do it with Jake.  So Doug and I went to the hospital that morning and they couldn't fit me.  So basically we watch a riveting episode of Price Is Right, they checked me and told me I was dilated to a 3, and they sent me home.  I wasn't very effaced...so they told me if they had room they would call me. But I wasn't getting my hopes up.  And they didn't call.:)  But that was okay because at that point I was hoping that she just came on her own. Nothing happened Wednesday, but Thursday, early evening I was starting to have really random contractions that I could tell were harder than my braxton hicks I had been having...although nothing that I thought was going to put me into labor.  I went to bed and at 2:00 on the dot I woke up to a really big contraction.  I got up and went to the bathroom and started to time them.  They got to be about 5 to 6 minutes apart...so I woke up Doug and told him we didn't need to leave yet, but I'm pretty sure I was in labor.  I timed them for an hour without waking anyone up and then thought that we should probably head so that I could get my doses of antibiotics in.  So I went to wake up my mom and Melis to tell them we were going to head to the hospital.  Melis started to panic because when I went into labor on my own with Mikey I cut it really close since I labored mostly at home, and she didn't want that to happen again.  So she started telling me I needed to leave right away.  By the time we got checked into the hospital it was about 3:45.  They checked me in triage and I was a 5 and 60% effaced...but they admitted me. Thank goodness, my midwife, Janice was on call and my same nurse that has delivered my last three babies, Courtney was there too.  She is amazing to say the least.  
I got my IV and my antibiotics going and my contractions started to slow down to like every 7 minutes...but I was still dilating.  Weird.  But that is what happened.  Janice decided we would do my epidural and get me comfortable...even though I was handling hard contractions every 7 minutes just fine...and then she would break my water to see if that would get my contractions going a little more.  So I got the epidural and boy did it work.  If that hospital burnt down I was going nowhere fast!  Janice broke my water and my contractions were still far apart...yet, still dilating. By this time It was like 7 in the morning and Courtneys shift ended at 7am.  But being the sweet sweet nurse that she is wanted to stay to deliver my baby!  She could only do overtime until 11am...so that is the time frame we were working with.  I promise you the Lord and Luke had their hand in every part of this delivery and welcoming this sweet little princess into our lives.  And Courtney was for sure part of that blessing!  Janice was also supposed to not be on call, but stayed on just for me!  I really couldn't believe that I was being so blessed and surrounded by people that were so caring and loving!  
They decided to start me on some pit just to get my contractions closer so that I was able to push her out!  About 2 hours or so of upping the dosage on the pit and they finally got to 2 min apart.  At 10:30am Courtney decided to check me and I was complete!  Her face was priceless because she was totally working on with a time schedule in mind and I was sooooo relieved that Camryn was finally ready to come out and that Courtney was going to be able to be there!  I had called My mom and Melis to see if they wanted to come be there for your grand entrance and they got there at about 10.  Courtney called Janice and when she got there it was time to push!  I seriously pushed for a minute and a half...maybe...and there she was! At 10:47am!  I couldn't believe that it happened before Courtney had to leave!  Doug's face was priceless!  And so was my Mom's and Melissa's for that matter!  She just came so smooth and so fast and there was no complications!  I honestly never even felt like I was in labor because it was so painless and surreal!  She was perfect!  She came out crying and then she nursed right away for at least a good hour!  She was 8'4'' and 20 1/2 inches long with big chubby cheeks!  Her eyelashes are really blonde and her hair is the lightest of any of my babies which makes me believe that she will be a blondie.  



Auntie Missa checking her out!  

She loved her binky from day one!  Which I am grateful for because Luke wouldn't take a binky at all!  I tried every single kind!  But she loves them!  I have since gotten the gumdrop ones that look like soothes, but are half the size so they don't take up their entire face!

She is sure going to be loved by all the boys/men in her life!  They can't get enough of little Miss Camryn!  They were smitten...especially her daddy!







 She has some angel kisses for sure!  As well as some broken blood vessels on her forehead that healed up pretty quick!  She also has a beauty mark right at her hairline!  At first the nurses tried to wipe it off and then we realized it wasn't going anywhere! It is her little trademark!
 You could see the Gilbert Temple being worked on right outside my window...I had a great view!
 Tanner wants to help do everything with Camryn!  He wants to constantly hold her and make sure that she is happy!  He is going to be a great big brother!
 Mikey LOVES his baby sister!  He isn't concerned about holding her all the time, but when he does...it is his time and no one else's!  He is pretty gentle, and wants to kiss and hug her all the time!  
 Jakey loves to sing to his baby sister and make up songs for her!  He is so sweet and is always saying "shhh...it's okay, your brother is here....Jakey is here!"  He said..."Woah Mom!  She has chubby cheeks!  That should be her nickname!  Chubby Cheeks!!"
 Camryn already has this Daddy wrapped around her little finger!  It's only a matter of time before he is giving her whatever she wants!  Right now, it i only milk...and if I wasn't here...he would be giving her as much formula as she could drink!  Good Daddy!




12 comments:

Chad and Amanda said...

Congratulations, she is so beautiful. I'm so glad you got your girl:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Those cheeks! What a darling addition to your beautiful family! Love you guys tons!

Jill said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful, I love her name & you can tell she has all those guys around her finger already. I bet you are having fun shopping for all the fun girls stuff. Looking forward to more fun pictures of your beautiful family.

Shannon said...

Congratulations again! She is just perfect! I'm so happy for you and your family!

The Roth's said...

She's beautiful! Congrats. We are all so, so, so happy and excited for you all! xoxo.

Cassie said...

She is beautifully perfect!! What a sweetie!! It's so nice to see the Cardon family with a little princess now!!!! Congrats guys!

Karlee said...

SSOOOOO precious! She is absolutely beautiful and such a blessing! Congrats to you and your family! I can just tell that she is going to be very carefully watched over and protected by those boys!

sam and kyrsten said...

she is so beautiful! i cant imagine how you had an 8 pound baby inside of your tiny body! so glad everything went well! congratulations!

kimberlee shaffer said...

She is soooooo beautiful! I'm glad you had such a wonderful delivery! Congratulations!!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

She is SO adorable!!!! Congrats! What a perfect baby!!!!

Kandace Lewis said...

Wow, she's so pretty! Congratulations! You and Doug have such a beautiful family.

Miller time said...

she is adorable. I love that she has some angle kisses from her brother. Such a beautiful family. Can;t wait to see you in a couple months:) I might be coming to AZ in may also. I'l let you know.