Sunday, March 11, 2012

The First of Many Lost Teeth!

I don't know who was more excited tonight?!? Tanner because he lost his first tooth? Or Doug because he got to yank it out! It was pretty hilarious though either way!
Tanner has been dying to lose his first tooth for a long time now and when he realized his bottom middle two were loose a couple of weeks ago he has been wiggling ever since!
I don't know how Doug convinced him to let him pull it out with a string...because when I first brought up the idea to him a little while ago he was like "No way mom!!"! But tonight Doug told him to go get a string and he was on board! He couldn't believe that tonight was the night it was going to come out.... He was talking a million miles a minute! Everything from "This is the best way to earn free money!! You don't even have to work for it!" The kid thinks of everything!
His tooth was so loose that once Doug got the string on he pulled once and out it came! The look on Tanners face was priceless! He was so proud of himself for being so brave. It was cute.
We found a little container to put his tooth in and under his pillow it went! He can't wait for a visit from the tooth fairy! He told me tonight that sometimes she leaves fairy dust... I better get workin'!

Oh and one more thing... Papa told Tanner that he still had all of Dougs baby teeth which confused Tanner for a second and it was funny to watch Papa get himself out of that one. But before bed Tanner said, "The tooth fairy could probably never find Dads teeth so that's why Papa had to keep them all!" and I said "Thats probably right... We better make sure it's in a good place so she can find it!"

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

So cute! He is such a happy boy and so is his Dad ;) I'm sure the tooth fairy won't disappoint!