One of my best friends, Jenny, had twins about 4 or 5 weeks ago and I really wanted to be able to go see them and help her out a little bit. The month of November was filling up really fast, but somehow we managed to make it work and I got to fly into Idaho Falls and hang out with her for a couple of days. They live in Rigby and I haven't been back up to Idaho since Doug and I graduated! Doug travels up there all the time and is always telling me how much Rexburg and even Idaho Falls have grown, but its been 7 years!! Luckily Allegiant started to fly there and it is sooo convenient and pretty cheap too!
I was also lucky because I got to see Rebekah!! She was still in Rexburg for Fall semester. So one day Jenny and I went and met up with at her apartment and we went to lunch. Then we went to see parts of BYU-I! It is sooo different, but awesome! It was fun to take a trip down memory lane even if a lot of the town has changed. The twins....Emmy and Lucy are darling of course and soooo tiny! I don't know how much of a help I was, but it was definitely nice to hold those sweet babies and make some trips to Target and run other errands around Idaho Falls with Jenny. I wished we lived closer to them and maybe someday we will, but for now random trips to see each other will have to do:)l!!
Rebekah was heading to Provo to spend Thanksgiving with Jonathan and Melinda, and my flight home was out of Salt Lake so it worked out perfectly and I just drove down to Provo with Rebekah! We made a stop at Tai Pan(I wish we had that store in AZ so bad) and then headed to JB's house. It was fun to see Libby and little/big Holden!! They are so cute and of course Melinda had whipped up some homemade pizza for dinner...I think I ate like 5 pieces.:) Then it was off to the airport so that I was home in time for Thanksgiving the next day!! It was a short trip, but totally worth it. Thanks to Melis for filling in for me and doing my daily run arounds!! I'm pretty sure she was exhausted by the end of the four days! At least Doug was there for bedtime and after work for a little relief. Don't know what I would do without her!
No comments:
Post a Comment