Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mikey Update

I thought that I better do a "One Year" post for Mikey before he is 2. I know it has only been a month since his birthday but things seem to only be getting busier and busier and that doesn't stop these boys from growing!!
Mikey has been such a roller coaster of a child. As a newborn he was the BEST BABY you could ever imagine! He rarely cried, he slept well, and he dealt with his brothers being all over him constantly! But then something happened.....movement!!!!
He started crawling at 7 months and it was all over. This brought out a whole new side of this little guy. He became one feisty fella! He would yell if he couldn't get something. He started throwing tantrums...like literally throwing himself on the ground and hitting his head all the time! I mean, I could only save him so much! He got so good at it that he knew how to throw himself back but hold his head up from hitting so hard and then slowly lay it down in the middle of his full blown tantrum!! I couldn't believe where all this personality was coming from! He would only fall asleep in his bed.....NEVER anywhere else, which was great but also hard in certain situations(like church) and especially not on anyone, he would not sit on your lap for longer than one second....he was just the most free spirited, firey little busy body! Let's just say he became quite the handful! He started to walk at 10 months and it has been go time ever since!!
Since he has been walking he has discovered that climbing is soooo much more fun! If this stool is out he is right on top of it. He likes to try and climb up the stove, the desk, and onto the bathroom counters. Crazy kid!

He has since calmed down quite a bit and will finally sit in his high chair to eat instead of me having to follow him around and shove food in his mouth or just hold him and feed him. He LOVES to read books and sit on my lap and have me rub his belly. He LOVES it! He LOVES to give hugs and the best open mouth kisses! He has turned into quite the snuggle bug!

He LOVES his big brothers and follows their every move. He laughs at them constantly and he loves to bug them and get their attention by hitting them on the head over and over and over. He LOVES to be outside at all times! He LOVES any ball! He LOVES his daddy and says dadadadaddada all day long! Other words he says are ball, "NO", mama, baba, ruff ruff, ball and meow. He will eat or at least try mostly anything. He loves grapes, bananas, his oatmeal in the morning after his bottle, pizza, spaghetti, popcorn, macaroni and cheese, gogurts, and nutri-grain bars and of course anything he can dip in ketchup. Probably his two favorite snacks are the following...and I don't blame him....they are delish!
He has 7 teeth, 4 on top and 3 on bottom. He weighs 22 pounds. He takes two naps a day...one at 9 and one at 2. He still has two bottles of D milk a day...one in the morning first thing and one at night before bed. We will probably get rid of these fairly soon. I can't believe I haven't already. With the other two the bottles were gone right at one but he just loves them so much and I guess I have gotten a little more lax. He goes to bed at 7 on the dot and wakes up around 7 without waking up (unless he is teething or sick...then it is a different story). If he didn't have his afternoon nap he is ready for bed by 6:30 and has no problem going that early. We really do love our Mikey boy and love that addicting smile of his and those HUGE innocent looking eyes he has. Happy Birthday Mikey!

2 comments:

Kirst said...

He has gotten so big!! He's so cute, I love all the pictures! :)

Leah Finch said...

Mikey is the cutest! How did all 3 get so handsome!