I signed Tanner up for soccer this winter with Price. He was so excited for his first practice and to get "real soccer shoes". His team picked out the name Lightning Zebras after receiving jerseys that are black and white striped. Even after the first practice he was still excited and seemed to enjoy it even though he thought it was unfair when the other team got the ball while they were having a little scrimmage. He didn't totally understand how the whole game worked...but he did really well listening to Coach Lori. But then Doug and I went out of town and Tanner went to stay with Price and they had their first game while we were away. I guess their first game was against a fairly more experienced team...which is not what we are at all. Our team is a team of brand new 4-5 year old soccer players. Apparently Tanner came out of the first quarter and said "I give up. This is too hard!" And I am sure it was frustrating to the little guys, but todays game went soooo much better! They were all smiles and the team they played against was a little more on their level...which is the learning level! Whenever Tanner would touch the ball he would throw his hands up in the air like "I did it!" It seemed like he had a better experience with this game than the last one. Price and him also had quite the crowd cheering them on! I am pretty sure that I am going to be one of those crazy moms in the stands....and Melis is going to be the crazy Aunt. I mean the kid is only 4, but I get all this anxiety watching and I am just yelling the entire game! It is pretty funny! Doug just looks at me like I am crazy...but he usually does. (with a little smirk on his face which tells me he loves my craziness deep down!) Tonight Tanner asked what sport he gets to play after soccer. I said, "Well, I don't know. We can try out a bunch of different sports to see what you like!" And he said, "No, I want to do it in a pattern....like soccer, baseball, then basketball...soccer, baseball, then basketball!" And there you have it....I guess we will go with his pattern and see what happens after that!
Here is the team (minus 1) getting ready for the game. The girls are all older and taller than the boys and all have older siblings that play soccer....so they have a bit of an advantage against the boys. I am glad gender rivalry is not an issue quite yet!:)
Tanner's shorts are way to big even if I tighten them as much as possible! They just kept falling down!
Go #3!!!!
Nothing like having your Papa there to cheer you on!:)
5 comments:
That's so cute! It's always so much fun to watch your own child play some kind of sport. Soccer is one of my favs! He looks awesome in his soccer attire!
that is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait for pee-wee sports. I am making Beck play baseball just because I love the uniforms.
I LOVE watching little kids like that play soccer! It is HILARIOUS! By the way, I think I'm going to be one of those crazy moms too and my son isn't even of age to play any sports yet!
I love the picture of Uncle Jimmy SO much! So cute!
I love his little uniform! It's so cute. He looks like a true soccer player.
Post a Comment